Ontario Railway Stations
Walkerville was a company town built in the late 1860s by whiskey manufacturer and industrialist Hiram Walker. Frustrated with inadequate transportation for his own facilities, Walker established the Lake Erie, Essex and Detroit River Railway Company in 1885. The station in Walkerville was opened in 1888. Following his death, the railway was leased and then sold to the US-owned Pere Marquette Railroad (later Chesapeake & Ohio, CSX) in 1901. The station was demolished in 1957.
The GTR (later CN) also had a station in Walkerville. It was located right next to the PM station and shared with the Wabash Railroad which had a partnership/lease agreement that included running rights and passenger services. The building stood until 1981 and possibly longer and was used as a passenger and freight terminal. In later years, it was owned by the C&O and used for offices.
Walkerville was absorbed into the city of Windsor in 1935.