Ontario Railway Stations
Malvern station was built by the Canadian Northern Railway in 1911. Canadian Northern was absorbed into the newly formed Canadian NationL Railway in 1918. The line ran parallel to the Grand Trunk line, which became part of CN in 1923. It was officially abandoned in 1926 due to route duplication. The station was likely demolished shortly after that.
Mimico station was built by the Grand Trunk Railway in 1916/17 and used by CN until the late 1960s. After CN abandoned the station, it fell into a serious state of disrepair. It is now under the the control of a volunteer organization (Mimico Station Community Organization (MSCO)) and is currently being restored. The building has been relocated. Future plans include a museum focusing on local area history, archives and other community functions.
The first CPR Parkdale station was built by the Credit Valley Railway (later CPR) in 1879. The station was replaced in 1910 and demolished in the 1970s.
The GTR's Parkdale station was located across from the CPR station at the corner of the Queen and Dufferin. The station was built in 1856 by the Toronto Simcoe and Lake Huron Union Railroad Company (later Northern Railway of Canada). Following the NRC takeover by the Grand Trunk (later CN) in 1888, the station was expanded and named North Parkdale, so as not to be confused with the South Parkdale GTR station. It was renamed Parkdale following closure of the South Parkdale station. It remained in use by CN until 1976 when it was closed and relocated to Sunnyside. It was destroyed by fire in 1977.
The South Parkdale station, located on the south side of Springhurst Avenue between Jameson and Close Avenues, was built by the GTR in the 1870s. In the 19 teens, the GTR decided to create a cut in order to eliminate a steep grade. Around the same time they decided to eliminate the station and build a new one further west at Sunnyside.
The first Port Union station was built by the Grand Trunk Railway in the mid-1850s. It was replaced in 1888 when the line was double tracked and again in 1905 with a smaller station. The station remained in use by CN and later by GO Transit until it was demolished in 1972.