New Brunswick Railway Stations
The first station was built by the CPR in 1877. It was replaced by a new station in late 1929. Although passenger service ended in 1960, the station remained in use by the reailway until 1969. In 1971 it was purchased by the community and used as a library until 1999. Until recently, it was used as a tourist information centre. It received historical designation in 2006. The building is currently undergoing an extensive renovation with funding being provided by the community and province. The plan is for the building to become home to two commercial businesses when completed.