Ontario Railway Stations
The first station in Ingersoll (not pictured) was built by the Great Western Railway (later GTR) in 1854. It lasted until 1889 when it was replaced by the GTR using a new design from chief engineer Joseph Hobson. In 1923 the GTR became part of CN who enlarged the station in 1946. It remained in use until 1979.
When VIA Rail took over passenger service in 1979, passenger volumes were insufficient to justify keeping the station open. In the early 1980s VIA built a new shelter just down the tracks. The former CN station still stands, derelict and crumbling.
The CPR station was built in 1908 and replaced an earlier station (not pictured) from the 1870s. It was demolished in 1976.